THE DECADE CIGARETTES “VIVA LAS VEGAS!” SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. SPONSOR: The “Sponsor” is Cheyenne International, LLC (“Cheyenne”), 701 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Decade Cigarettes “Viva Las Vegas!” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to members of the Decade Cigarettes website who are legal residents located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, excluding residents of Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia, and who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win. Void where prohibited by law.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. EDT on September 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 11, 2019 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must log into your member account at http://www.decadecigarettes.com and access the application hosted by Decade Cigarettes (“Promotion Website”). Follow the instructions available on the Promotion Website and click on the “Enter” button to submit an entry, and you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
No Entries will be accepted that do not follow Promotion Website instructions. All Entries must be received within the Entry Period. An entry is “received” when the servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact information to Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder associated with the Decade Cigarette member account that submitted the Entry. If a dispute arises, the potential winner may be required to provide proof of holding the Decade Cigarette member account. Anyone found to use multiple Decade Cigarette member accounts to enter will be deemed ineligible. Limit of one (1) Entry per day during each Entry Period (forty-one (41) Entries total). Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) promotion does not constitute entry into any other.
5. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by emailing Sponsor at email@example.com during the Entry Period, including the name of the Sweepstakes for which you are entering, the Email Address associated with your Decade Cigarette member account, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), and Phone Number (including area code) (collectively, “Entry Information”). Limit of one (1) Entry per day during each Entry Period (forty-one (41) Entries total). Entries that are not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. An emailed entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s servers record the entry information.
6. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIMING: One (1) potential “Winner” will be selected through a random drawing on or about October 14, 2019 from all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor has complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s selection of winner will be final. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail by October 25, 2019. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of a notification message via e-mail. If a potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) days of notification, Sponsor may select another potential Winner.
Each potential Winner and his/her guest may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (the “Prize Acceptance Release”), and return same within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. A potential Winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct background checks on each potential Winner and his/her selected guest as a condition of receiving the Prize (defined below). Sponsor may disqualify a potential Winner and/or guest if Sponsor determines that the potential Winner and/or guest are ineligible under the Official Rules or that one or both of them might present a security risk or otherwise reflect negatively on Sponsor. In such case, the potential Winner will not receive the Prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner or guest.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received.
8. PRIZES AND VALUES: Sponsor will award the Winner one (1) prize: one (1) trip prize to Las Vegas, Nevada, detailed at decadecigarettes.com (“Prize”), with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $3,450.00. Actual retail value of Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined solely by Sponsor and are subject to change. If Prize is unavailable, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may pay Winner the ARV of the Prize, or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS”. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, and for any other fees associated with the prize(s). ARV of prize is based on available information and may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security or tax identification number before the Prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the prize received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
a. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize must be taken on the dates determined by the Sponsor. If potential Winner accepts the Prize, but is unable to travel on dates specified by Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor may select a new Winner or offer a different Prize to potential Winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is subject to availability. Restrictions apply. Travel must be roundtrip. Travel not eligible for frequent flyer credit. Sponsor not responsible for airline cancellations/delays. All expenses not expressly stated in the Prize descriptions at decadecigarettes.com are the responsibility of Winner only. Travelers must possess required travel documents, including state identification cards, passports, visas or any other documents needed for travel. Winner and Winner’s travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Travel guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years old as of October 14, 2019. Winner may elect to travel alone. Prize ARV will vary. If Winner resides within sixty (60) miles of the destination, at Sponsor’s sole option, ground transportation may be arranged rather than airfare. No compensation will be awarded to the Winner if actual ARV is less than stated ARV. The Winner must take photographs of his/her Prize travel experience (“Trip Photos”) and submit at least five (5) Trip Photos to Cheyenne upon completion of Prize travel.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, username, social networking ID, photograph, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The Official Rules, the Promotion Website, and related content and code are the property of the Sponsor or authorized third parties. You may not copy those materials, including associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of Sponsor.
12. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind related to your participation in the Sweepstakes. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Sweepstakes (including Prizes); (B) and will not be liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other entity, including Promotion Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further agree that all rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any other state that may be applicable are hereby expressly waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
13. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY: You represent/warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these Official Rules, have read and will follow them. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any third party claims arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes.
14. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, the Sponsor may select the potential Winner from all eligible Entries received prior to termination.
15. TAMPERING: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. GOVERNING LAW / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues concerning the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be governed by North Carolina law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. MANDATORY ARBITRATION / NO CLASS RELIEF: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE JAMS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. NAME OF WINNER / OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: To receive the name of the Winner, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Sweepstakes Winners List,” Cheyenne International, LLC, 701 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073 (Attn: Marketing Director). Please indicate which Sweepstakes Winners List you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Sweepstakes). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sweepstakes Official Rules,” Cheyenne International, LLC, 701 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073 (Attn: Marketing Director) prior to the end of the Entry Period. Please indicate which Sweepstakes Official Rules you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Sweepstakes). Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
//End of Official Rules//